Eat Chocolate, Be Happy

My research on lifestyle choices continues as I sift through the plethora of literature on self-help, separating the baloney from the handful of books I would take home. Yesterday's selection - Bill Clinton's Giving, Simpleology and Rightsizing Your Life produced a mixed reaction amongst my friends (a band of coffee-slurping intellectuals who randomly theorize on the more important things in life... mainly iphones, Italian wood-burned pizzas and the lack of quality dating options in this city.)

Are we really so set in our stubbornly stressful ways that we need advice from people on how to live fulfilling lives? Surely, deep down, you know what makes you happy, the path that leads to said happiness and the tools/sacrifices required to get you there. Perhaps, these books,tapes and videos are merely meant to be motivational. Right, that's why they're called, 'Motivational Speakers!'

But, we worry about what others will say, the future - how things will be twenty years from now and most of all - boredom. Since I've stopped working corporate jobs, my life has been busier than ever before. I prefer it this way, at least for the present moment.