The only thing I don't like about rain - I can't wear suede

On my way to the gym, I got locked in a tight spot in the most terrible traffic jam. It started raining, heavily. The sound of rain on a car roof, while you're sitting inside with a mug of cherry-laced hot chocolate, is dulcet.

Two hours of merry entertainment - stuck outside a school. At least all the kids retaliated to my funny faces with contorted visages of their own. The parents, unfortunately, skipped humor classes at school and stared at me like I was some outlandish ape. A certain aunty took a few menacing steps towards my car, so I resorted to the one thing I've been doing extremely well since birth. I smiled. The most charming smile I've ever smiled. I cracked up as her expression turned from annoyance to mild amusement, to one of uncertain abashment, as she gave way to the child in her.

I laughed the rest of the way. Who said traffic jams were no fun?